About Suffolk Gardens Trust
We were founded in 1995 and are part of a network of 35 county gardens trusts, working with our parent body the Association of Gardens Trusts to protect, preserve and promote our landscape heritage and create new gardens for the future enjoyment of generations.
We have over 240 members and have made over 150 visits and continue to grow steadily, we are proud that the majority of our members now join us through personal recommendation.
Though passionate about learning more about and preserving our landscape history we are also passionate about enjoying ourselves.
What does membership of Suffolk Gardens Trust offer?
- Have the opportunity to make private visits to gardens often not open to the public.
- A series of winter lectures hearing experts talking about aspects of our garden legacy
- Receive two full colour newsletters a year benefit, from specialist garden events throughout the region and the country.
- Play an active part in research, recording and conservation, contributing to the Parks and Gardens UK database.
- Find out about the crafts behind our gardens, nurseries, brick making, lead foundaries and willow weaving to name a few.
- Help to train the next generation of gardeners to support local projects, such as the Felixstowe Seafront Gardens.
- ....All of this for a very reasonable subscription, which has not been increased since our inception in 1995.
Visit our Events Pages to see what are doing, better still join us, you will be welcomeSGT Events 2017